The City of Weed Resilience Team’s planning goal is to survive and prosper in the face of a disaster. The team will develop a Disaster Resilience Plan that will identify resilience strategies and an action plan that will include timelines, responsibilities, resources and milestones. The Community of Weed, individuals, organizations, partners and resources will be asked to participate in assessing Weed’s resilience through the website, surveys and meetings.
Meet Your Team:
• Ron Stock, City of Weed Administrator
• Kelly McKinnis, Finance Director
• Thomas Brandeberry, Retired CDBG Section Chief
• Greg Plucker, Siskiyou County Community Development Director
• Richard Tinsman, Siskiyou County Deputy Director of Planning
• Bonnie Kubowitz, Great Northern Services Executive Director
• Ken Palfini, Mayor Weed City Council
• Paul Palfini, City of Weed Planning Commission
• Michael Kobseff, Board of Supervisors – District 3
• OES, County Representative
The City of Weed: City Limits & Sphere of Influence
Below is an aerial map showing the City of Weed and its Sphere of Influence (SOI). The lighter shaded area is the City of Weed and the red line is the SOI. The resiliency planning will use the SOI has a starting point for the assessment. This area of assessment is changeable, and will likely change as the process moves along.